Monday 16 February 2015

Instagram: 6 Reasons You Make My Everyday

Instagram is at the top of the list of daily enjoyments for me. When I first started using Instagram I was looking for inspiration and motivation for the kitchen. 99.9% of my pictures are of meals I have created. The reason for this is to showcase that making delicious and healthy meals does not take a Culinary Institute Of America trained chef, nor does it take a lot of fancy ingredients. I like to make my meals simple and tasty, thus the hashtags #KeepItSimple and #KeepItTasty. No reason to cloud the flavor of the ingredients in your meal with items that don't enhance the flavor of the dish nor have a purpose.
Along the way instagram took on a different role in my daily life. The inspiration and motivation was still there but the unintentional comedy rose to new levels. Before I discuss the pictures that are my favorite let me say that I love laughing and these pictures help to take the stress away from life even if for a few moments. If you are on Instagram then I think you can agree with these pics in that they make you chuckle when you are scrolling through the pictures on your iPhone or iPad.
Top 6 Reasons I Go To Instagram Daily
The Artist At The Coffee Shop Pictures
We have all seen these pics. The one where the barista, do they only call them that at Starbucks?, decided that they were either bored or a starving artist and turns your cappuccino into a canvas. You see the heart shapes all the time but I have never seen one of a face or of an animal. These pictures always make me laugh because I can envision the person order their cappuccino with the hopes of tasting that steamed milk and hot coffee and easing their stress and outcomes a heart. Who does the barista decide gets the heart? Why does the person on Instagram decide that another picture of milk in the shape of a heart is something to be posted. We get it. Coffee as art. Let's move on!
Quest Bar Pictures
I am not sure when the Quest Bar became the face of healthy eating but if you visit a healthy feed there is almost assuredly a picture of a Quest Bar. And it isn't enough to just be a Quest Bar but this product has been chopped and put into cookies and cakes, broken up and tossed into yogurt and so many other variations of its use that this post would be too long. I have never had a Quest Bar and most likely never will so I cannot comment on the taste. Why do the Instagram pictures make me laugh? They are everywhere and you cannot go a day without seeing a picture of them.
Starbucks
I mentioned the pictures of coffee barista artists up above but a day cannot go by without pictures of cups of Starbucks. They may be just the outside of the cup, they may be the inside of the cup. I have even seen pictures of the inside of the Starbucks. I see them and I think to myself: you purchased a Starbucks coffee and at some point between paying and drinking you decided you need to photograph it but did you taste it first? Did you sit down and talk with your friends and stop the conversation to take the picture? I have a lot of thoughts float through my head and I laugh because I am putting a conversation together that most likely is not taking place but in my mind it is and it is hilarious.
Mug Cake
This is my third favorite picture on Instagram. I am not sure why it cracks me up when I see them but they do. I guess on the inside I am thinking to myself: when you cannot bake use the microwave. Maybe secretly I want to make mug cake. I'm not sure, but I am certain that when the pictures on the Instagram show up I laugh from the gut. I can say that I have seen some wonderful mug cake creations like the molten chocolate mug cake. That is incredible in my mind, but the old I poured 1 egg, protein powder and whatever else and voila I 'baked' a Protein Mug Cake just cracks me up.
Green Smoothies
These just kill me. They are on Instagram in droves and they make me laugh because my thought is: Wow, you know how to use your blender. It is a cooking snark of course, but how many pictures of green smoothies can one person see before thinking: awesome, now try cooking those greens in a different form or fashion. I know that smoothies are fast and I make them as well, but when I do make them I don't share them with Instagram because I didn't do anything other than adding water, vegetables and fruit to my blender. I want my Instagram feed to be inspiring and motivating to get people into the kitchen to cook but that being said if a green smoothies gets somebody started on the path to health then I am all for it. Let me be clear and say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with green smoothies or smoothies in general it is just when you see 20-50 green smoothie pictures per day you have to just laugh.
Seflies Before, During Or After Workouts
These are my all time favorite. The picture of the flex pose is the best, but today I am presenting my friend Marlene of Mission To A(nother) Marathon because her selfies have me just about hyperventilating. I love when she posts pictures of herself from the bathroom at her office after a sweaty ride or run and her face tells the whole story. My favorite picture of Marlene is in her swim goggles as she looks like those dudes in Despicable Me and hence my nickname for her is Despicable Marlene. Selfies are the gift that keeps on giving because you know you will see dozens of them at any given time and one is just funnier than the other. Do you wait until the bathroom is clear to take the pic? Do you not care if the bathroom is crowded?
These 6 reasons are why Instagram will always have a place in my daily routine. How you cannot laugh at some of the stuff you see on Instagram is beyond me. There is a ton of inspiration and motivation, like the 21 Day Sugar Detox I will be posting about on Monday, but some are comical as well. I truly enjoy following the people in my feed to generate creative ideas for cooking, to get me out to the gym and to make me laugh.
As a social media marketer I see a lot of great and not so great campaigns leveraging Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and the other social platforms but these 6 reasons are why I will always go to Instagram more than twice per day. As they say pictures tell 1,000 words and in my case at least 1,000 laughs.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7830089

No comments:

Post a Comment