Thursday 31 October 2013

3 Simple and Smart Social Media Tips for Working Moms

Social media is the new, damn near free, and dare I say, best marketing tool out there. But so many business owners seem to stray away from it. They feel that it doesn't work, it's a waste of time, and you can't profit from social media. And even if you could do all three I simply don't have time to add this to my schedule. As a working mom with tons on my plate I just can't seem to be consistent with it. Does all of this sound familiar? Have you said this to yourself at one point in your online journey or another? I know I have. But you need to know that, yes social media can be a waste of time, and some people do not profit from it. But there are plenty of people who are profiting and making sales, so to them it's definitely not a waste of time. In fact the real problem is exactly what you may be feeling, lack of consistency.
The key to achieving your dreams of spending more time to with your family, and flexibility has to do with consistency. At no point can you believe that if you do an activity once or even sporadically you will make it big. No, you have to be consistent in your work and do that work over a period of time. You can't believe that one action or one activity will grow your business.
But how can a working mom be consistent? With all of the "stuff" she has to go through each and every day. Getting the children ready for school, making breakfast, house chores, nurturing your marriage, your full-time job schedule. It just seems ridiculous to think that you can be consistent with all that goes on in your life. Well you can, and if working from home so you can make your own schedule and not leave work in a mad dash to pick up your child from daycare so you won't be charged that $30 every 15 minute you are late is important to you then you better figure out how to make it work.
3 Tips to help with social media.
Here are few tips and tools that I use to help me stay consistent. Note: These tips and tools will only work if you use them, consistently.
  1. Smartphone: Invest in a smartphone. If you truly believe that social media can grow your business, then you must invest in a smartphone. I'm sure your phone is near you at all times, and because of this you can quickly and easily update your status whenever you need to. There are so many apps that will help you stay connected to your followers when you don't have a computer nearby.

  2. Hootsuite: It has been said to me "You are on Facebook and twitter all the time. I just don't have the time to do that". Umm, no I'm not. Half of my posts are scheduled and the other half are live. I use hootsuite to schedule a few posts throughout the day, so that I'm always active. I also use hootsuite to do live posts from time to time. I have the hootsuite app on my iPhone and when I want to post something to all my networks I can post one time to twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn at once.

  3. Define the purpose: Figure out what's the point of using social media for your business. What are the results you are looking for? This is very, very important. If you do not know why you are using it then how can you say it doesn't work? If you do not why, then you can't create the strategy so that you can achieve the results you need in order to be successful.
Action Steps:
These tips are pretty simple and things you can implement right now. If you cannot afford to do all three then you can do 2 of these items because they are free. Go ahead and define your purpose for using social media and figure out the results you are looking for. Then sign up for hootsuite and begin to schedule your post. If you already have a smartphone download the hootsuite app to your phone as well.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7217940

No comments:

Post a Comment